MS Degree Program
Our vision for the MS program is to prepare our students to meet the challenges for rapid and dynamic changes in business research requirements through the use of up to date technical processes so our students are capable of conducting research that positively impacts the thought and practice of professional and academics.
In order to achieve the vision, Thesis work and Independent Study work is a mandatory requirement of our MS program to promote research and publication by the faculty and students. In addition courses that are in compliance with HEC are also part of the curriculum in which research work is promoted in the classroom. The infrastructure in terms of digital libraries and databases is to be made available to promote research work. Further, academicians and industry guests are invited for curriculum development and feedback to reflect academic and industry requirements.
The MS program is specialized program focused in one particular disciplinary area within the field of Business Administration.The MS program has the minimum duration of 2 years and maximum duration of 7 years from the starting date.
KIET offers a wide range of disciplinary specializations in their MS Program, including Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. MS course requirements typically take one year plus to complete.
Admission in MS-Program
Graduate Program committee supervises the admission process for applicants to MS Programs. Applicants must pass (I) GRE or NTS entrance examination prior to admissions as per HEC criteria, (II) Graduate admission interview, & (III) Meet the following eligibility requirements:
Eligibility for MS-Program
4-year formal university level education of bachelor/master degree (BBA 4 years, M.A. Economics, M.Com, MBA) from a HEC recognized institution in a relevant field.
A student who does not meet the eligibility criteria has to undergo 11 Business Administration pre-req courses as per HEC requirment.
1. Advance Research Methodology
2. Strategic Marketing
4. Managerial Policy
5. Independent Study
• 12 credit hours or 4 courses from the specialized area
• 6 credit hours of thesis work or Research Project.
Total program: 33 credit hours.
This involves a challenging research effort that adds value to the degree and distinguishes the MS graduates from ordinary course-based master degree holders. The objective of thesis research works the MS student to apply theoretical knowledge and techniques to solve managerial problems experienced the organization for which he or she is working.
• Thesis has to be successfully defended in front of the Project Committee to complete the MS requirements. Students who want to go for the PhD program in future must take the thesis route in the MS program.
• Students can complete MS project in a minimum of Two regular semester. However, a student may extend the research work (although it is not recommended) for up to a maximum of two years. In that case, the student must remain continuously enrolled in the project course (3 credits) in each semester till the completion.
• Thesis / Research Project is offered after the completion of the MS coursework.
• CGPA of 3.0 Minimum is required for graduation.